The QA Engineer reports directly to the facility QA Manager for all plant-related elements and to the Corporate QA Manager for the successful administration and implementation of all Corporate Goals and Objectives.
He shall be responsible for the total co-ordination of the Quality Management System
throughout the facility according to the Group’s philosophies.
The QA Engineer provides an understudy to the facility QA Manager and shall assume responsibility of the Department in the absence of the facility QA Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The QA Engineer shall be responsible for, but is not limited to, the
following functions within the QA Department:
- Participation with shop floor on defining root cause and implementation of solution and verification working with Plant Superintendent, Maintenance Manager, Tooling Manager, Area Manages and Quality Supervisors.
- Lead in investigation of internal and customer rejections and cause and corrective actions using NARMCO Quality system CARS, and NARMCO 8D system.
- Direct and work along problem solving teams for all Customers and internal issues, include tracking, reporting and problem solving. Maintain and retain records as required.
- Work on multiple Continuous improvement projects related to manufacturing and Quality systems.
- Provide training support to all departments for quality system development, corrective and preventative action and problem solving.
- Participate in R & R ,Capability study and analysis of gage calibration systems.
- The monitoring and reporting of all QMS activities and need for improvement projects.
- Creation and implementation work instructions.
- Act as a customer liaison as necessary
- Participate in Internal/External audits and 3rd party audit activity.
- PPAP’s : PSW for new parts or Engineering changes.
- Provide technical support and coordination of quality issues.
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a quality plan and policies with IATF / NARMCO system requirements.
- Work closely with all levels of plant management and production associates to ensue quality standards are maintained and procedures followed.
- Monitor and contiguously improve upon customer key performance indicators.
- Perform, monitor and drive effectiveness of LPA process.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate Degree or Master’s in Engineering or a combination of related education and experience. .
- Strong Organizational Abilities.
- Excellent working knowledge of Quality systems (IATF 16949, ISO 14001, CQI 15).
- Core Tool Knowledge (APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA)
- Problem solving Knowledge (8D, kaizen, 5Phase, 8stages, fishbone diagram, Root Cause Analysis etc. )
- Shall have knowledge of inspection methods and Statistical Process Control
- The ability to converse and present professionally as well as collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Shall have experience on quality problem resolution
- Shall have Supervisory Skills such as Good Communication & Organizational Skills.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday